Saturday, April 9, 2011

A - Z Challenge: E is for . . .

I'm really enjoying this challenge. It sure makes you think about what you want to write about. With so many choices, it's hard at times to choose. Today's topic is one of those hind site is 20/20 things. For today's entry I have chosen Education.
When I was younger I couldn't have cared less about my education. I was letting other events in my life, effect my everyday activities. I changed schools a lot, which isn't to uncommon for a military family. But I do not come from a military family. I changed schools 4 times before high school, and then moved again so I couldn't even go to the high school I wanted. I had a hard time making friends and the ones I did make were more like acquaintances. I began making foolish decisions at a young age. At age 17, I dropped out of high school, half way threw my senior year. I don't believe I received any credits from that first semester.
Life sure changes your perspective. Now that I have been out of school for some time. I regret not at least getting my high school diploma. Was it really that important to drop everything, to just give up on myself? I seem to be asking myself this very question a lot recently. So I have decided it's never too late to go back to school. I'm looking into taking correspondence to get what credits I do need. From there I may even looking into taking some college courses. So after all this time I finally realize how important education is. I am going to finish my grade 12.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but wonder how things would have turned out if we'd been able to go to high school together. I can't believe it but I don't even know where you actually went to high school. It's never too late to further your education and I definitely commend you for wanting to do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to St Paul's Secondary School in Trenton. I often wonder as well what it would have been like if we would have went to school together. At least after all these years we are back communication. I'm grateful to have you back in my life again.

    ReplyDelete