Saturday, April 23, 2011

A - Z Blog Challenge: P is for . . .

I could easily write about being a procrastinator for today's p entry in the a - z blog challenge but i think that by now its very evident that yes i am a procrastinator. Instead I have decided to write about being a pack rat and potlucks.

Pack Rat
Yes, I am a pack rat and my boyfriend tells me this at least once a day. I tend to save everything that I think I can use at a later date. I also tend to keep a lot of useless crap. I have paperwork that there is no sense keeping. I have broken things because I can make them into something. I have been slowly starting to go threw my things and throw away all the useless junk and organize whats left. I'm sick of all the clutter. So I have 3 Rubbermaid totes that I've been using to help organize myself. One is marked garbage, one is marked keep and one is marked donated. The garbage one fills up very fast, the keep pile is rather small and the donate pile is starting to become a decent size. So hopefully I can keep myself motivated enough to get rid of all the junk.

Potluck
This is another one of the many fond memories of have from spending so much time with my grandparents. Camping was always at the same trailer park and we always had the same spot for as long as I can remember. The trailer was even in the same spot when my grampy sold the trailer when he was really sick. Every weekend when my nanny was alive our whole row of trailers would have a potluck supper. There was 11 trailers in our area and everyone brought a different item. We set up all 11 picnic tables in a row between the trailers. It was always so much fun to see what everyone brought. There was always so much food. I really enjoyed helping out Nanny with whatever I could. Most of the time on the very hot days she just sent me away to play since being in the camper cooking was hot enough on is own let alone having a youngster around. I wish potlucks were more popular now. I think they are great.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cookie! ~ Great post! I am a huge pack rat, too! I even save empty "boxes" because I might be able to use them for something! LOL!! ~ Pot Luck dinners are fun. We have them all the time when we go camping. We all bring something and then everyone gets to sample everyone's dishes! It's great fun! ~ Happy Easter to you! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky for stopping by. I hope you had a great Easter. I enjoyed your Easter tablescape.

    ReplyDelete