Sunday, April 10, 2011

A - Z Challenge: H is for . . .

Hobbies, there are so many hobbies that someone can have. In today's entry I'm going to write about my hobbies.

Outdoor Hobbies
I love spending time outdoors. Some of my favorite things to do outside are go camping, go for a bike ride, play softball, take pictures, gardening and go to yard sales, flea markets and farmers markets. I enjoy travelling and am a huge day dreamer.

Each year I go camping at least once. It's a family affair, which includes my dad, his wife, her kids and their families, my sister, myself, my boyfriend, his kids and their families. Last year I even brought my dog and this year I'll bring my dogs and my sister is going to bring her dog also. It's a lot of fun and a very laid back weekend.

Up until last year, I hadn't been bike riding since I was a child. For my 27th birthday I got my bike. It has become a hobby to see where I will go on my adventures. To further my outings I need to get a bike lock and lights.

I also play softball. I have played on a recreational team and in a few tournaments. I do enjoy playing, but am often to hard on myself and get nervous. My boyfriend and I have been collecting softball bats and at one point we had over 50 bats.

Photography is another one of my hobbies. I mostly take landscape pictures and other nature pictures. I find the outdoors beautiful and try to share what I see. I have been thinking about creating a picture book.

Recently I've become interested in gardening. I love the idea of actually growing something, being able to watch the beauty of flowers form and to be able to grow produce to eat.

I really enjoy going to yard sales, flea markets and farmers markets. I the passion for one mans junk is another mans treasure was instilled in me from my nanny. While spending the summer with her I got an allowance and every weekend we would look around the community for all the sales. Its amazing what you can find and the deals you can get.

Indoor Hobbies
When I'm not outdoors then clearly I'm indoors, I have many hobbies that involve being inside. Besides cooking and baking, I also collect cookbooks and recipes. When indoors I like to craft and game. I enjoy reading, writing and blogging.

I really enjoy cooking and baking. My boyfriend thinks I own every cookbook ever printed, which is untrue. In his defense I do collect them. I enjoy trying new recipes, weather cooking for 2 or 20, cooking is my passion. Finding new recipes is so much fun for me.

I also love to craft. I have many crafts that interest me. Again Nanny was the one who introduced me to crafting. Beside cooking and gaming it gave us something to do together. I have to admit spending time with my nanny was my biggest hobby. I was her biggest fan, and she was my everything.

I'm new to blogging, but it is quickly becoming a hobby of mine. Weather I'm reading other peoples blogs or writing my blog entries, it's all fascinating. I also enjoying reading non-fiction and fiction, along with magazines. I enjoy writing poems, stories, lists, just writing in general.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cookie! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I wanted to return the favor and check out your blog! ~ You and I have a LOT in common! Your first paragraph in this post describes me, as well! The only difference is that I haven't played softball since High shcool! LOL! I would rather play volleyball or kickball now. I sometimes get to these when I am camping with my family and friends. Blogging has become a HUGE hobby of mine and I love it! I have "met" some wonderful new friends through it, that are from all over the world! I am going to "follow" your blog and hope that I can add you to my list of blogging buddies! ~ Best wishes for your new "hobby"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of hobbies, girl! That's great, it's good to keep busy, as we've talked about before. A lot of our hobbies are the same - cooking, baking, reading, writing, crafting. I plan to spend a lot of time outside this summer, walking, swimming, taking the boys to the park. I wish I had a bike, I used to love bike riding when I lived in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - I hope that you do add me to your list of blogging buddies. I'm really enjoying my new hobby, makes me fight the procrastination :)

    Marie - Yes, it is very good to keep busy. You know what they say about idle hands. I'm enjoying this nice weather and again today got out for a 1.6 mile walk. I'd love to get a pair of roller blades, it's been forever for me to roller blade :)

    ReplyDelete