Saturday, April 9, 2011

A - Z Challenge: F is for . . .

So for those of you that stop by my blog have probably noticed that my procrastination rules my life. Can't say I didn't warn you, my blog title describes me to a 'T'. I'm only a few days behind on my entries and am hoping to get caught up this evening. I did manage to get motivated this evening and get some exercise. I biked for 7.4 miles in 68 minutes and I also walked .8 miles and 19 minutes. I'm sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. Once I actually get motivated it's amazing what I can accomplish, it's just a matter of actually getting around to doing anything. So here I sit at my computer, with my 1.5L bottle of water and  my hot chocolate. I have the TV off to avoid getting lost in another rerun or movie I have already seen. I'm determined to get caught up tonight. For the letter F I have chosen to write about fitness.

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was always the chubby kid and at 5 feet tall it wasn't flattering. In 6.5 years I gained 60 lbs. I would lose some and gain it back. At my highest point I was over 210 which again is hard to carry on a 5 foot frame. Yes, I haven't grown any since before I was a teenager. I believe I stopped growing when I was 10 or 11.

Since the beginning of the year, I have been trying to increase my fitness level. I have started working out more and have been more focused on eating healthy. I have been walking more and not that the weather is nicer I went for my first bike ride of the year today. It was so nice to get out. Dinner tonight was veggies and dip with a large garden salad with some ham. But I am in the mood for some chips so once I have done my writing for today and I still want a snack then I'll get a small bowl. But I did get a hot chocolate as a treat tonight.

I remember when I first got my bike last year for my birthday. I could barely ride around the block. Now I can bike for miles. I really enjoy getting out and going for a bike ride. I have been trying to find different routes to travel. I think that's part of the fun. I have a app on my phone that allows to to track all my workouts and post them on facebook and twitter. It's called Cardio Trainer. I love using that app. There is so much to choose from. I have also been walking more with the dogs. I try to walk a mile a day when I'm out in the truck, and walk about the same when at home. I'm also looking into going to the gym or local YMCA to go swimming and maybe use the gym equipment.

I weigh myself once a month to track my weight, if not I become very obsessive. I started out 2011 weighing almost 210 lbs as of April 1st I was down to 192. I'm hoping by my May weigh-in I'll be under 190. I'd be nice to weigh closer to 185 but any loss at this point would be a great success in my mind.

4 comments:

  1. It's hard, isn't it? I struggle with my weight too, and I've been working on losing weight since early last year. I've fluctuated, started out really strong but got side-tracked last summer and now I'm sort of half-assing it but I really need to give it my all so that I can look and feel better by summer. Setting goals really helps - I want to lose about 30 pounds in the next 3 months before I see U2 on July 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems more and more that it would have done us both wonders to have stayed in contact all along. We could have been workout buddies. Yes, goals are a great thing to have. I wish you the best of luck in losing what you want before your big concert in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cookie ~ Just wanted you to know that I struggle with losing weight, as well. I have another blog that I write that is called "Journaling My Journey". I TRY to write a post every day for the few followers that I have. You can check it out by clicking on my Profile page and scrolling down to see my blog list. I keep track of my weight and measurements in a sidebar to the right, but it kinda' got screwed up and I need to fix it. But, you'll get the idea of where I'm at with my weight. Right now.... my weight is about 170ish. (Probably more after my escape, this weekend!) I am back up to my highest weight and I am so angry with myself!! I am only 5.3, so it shows! ~ Keep doing what you are doing, tho! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Becky and letting me know that this weight loss journey is a common journey for others as well. A weekend escape is well worth a little extra when u get back home, as long as the escape doesn't become everyday habits. Will check out your other blog.

    ReplyDelete